I've been down but I'm not out
Time flies when I am pulling out my hair. I have been through so many things, much to many to have kept track here.
What have I done over the last 4 months?
- I rebuilt my VM, upgrading to a newer version of Debian LINUX
- I rebuilt my web server implimenting Nginx, Mariadb, php, and Drupal.
- Survived a major security breach in Drupal v7.33
- Transitioned all my Drupal sites to the new web server (so eveything is in one place now).
- I have just completed upgrading a friend's e-store from Zencart to Drupal Commerse Kickstart 2.
After surviving the last 4 months I feel like things are finally starting to calm down and I am finding that my level of confidence is starting to feel adequate. Working with Commerce Kickstart has been an uphill climb, having stuck with the out-of-the-box settings for my friend's e-store (which was an easy thing to do since the sample store is clothing, and my friend's store is lingerie).
My current project (which is about 50% complete) is an e-store for an artist friend. She will be selling paintings, prints, Wearable art and other items. I am building this store in Commerse Kickstart but I am starting from scratch. Its been a little shakey but it is coming together much easier than I suspected it would. I hope to have it ready for my friend to review by the end of the weekend.
Another website that I completed was my High School Reunion website. The new website has additional functionality that I am proud of. Though the site is not perfect, it is much better than it's predecessor with added features like a list of those who might attend the reunion, a scrap book and a timeline to make the website more friendly and fun.
Now its time to get back to the grindstone.