I had every intention to begin reporting on my experiences during MidCamp but not long after returning to "normal" that things got busy again (with Drupal). I am on my class reunion committee where I also maintain the website (http://ProvisoEast72.org, which I have been happy to do pro-bono for the experience) a
I just finished spending the weekend at a Drupal Conference. I attended Drupal MidCamp that started on Thursday March 19 and finished on Sunday March 22. I had a great time and I was definately needing the comradery and the exposure that I received at camp.
After 10 months of focus I'm starting to think this Drupal Stuff is starting to make sense. My ProvisoEast72.org project took me a couple of months to get it to the point where I was happy with it.
I have got a lot done since my last post. I have 1 site that has gone live (MadameWiladina.com) after 4 months work. It is an online store that sells lingire. So far the feedback has been very positive.
Time flies when I am pulling out my hair. I have been through so many things, much to many to have kept track here.
What have I done over the last 4 months?
Currently my sites are on Aegir and I must admit that their performance is noticeably better. This gives me incentive to work to keep things on the Aegir Platform but things still are not great. With the new code update I ran into more issues.
I just spent the day completing a Lynda.com course. I just completed the "Simplified Drupal Sites with Drush" course. The Certificate can be viewed here. It was a very good run-through of Drush basics.
In my last post I mentioned having rebuilt my web server 10 times. Well, It did not stop there. It seems like that has been all I have been doing for the last 2 months. I can say at this point I am finally at a point where the web server is stable enough and I can finally get back to working with Drupal. I have accomplished a couple other things in between catastrophes.
Time flies when you have to rebuild your web server at least 10 times...
Well, my attempts at learning Omega 4 was a total disaster. It turns out the Omega 4uses Sass and in order to use Sass one must install all kinds of other program/tools. The procedure for windows was tedious and ended up not working very well so I figured I would install it on my LINUX VM but ended up being jus